Saturday, January 9, 2016

Sunshine, Snow, and A Mountain Summit


I took the afternoon off to get in a few runs in the bowl at Mt. Bachelor's Summit yesterday.  The snow on the north side wasn't perfect, a little tracked out and icy/chunky on the high spots, but still, it was great.  Having the right skis that can go through the chopped up crud makes a huge difference.

Like I wrote last week, moving to Bend was the best decision that I've  made in a long time.  Being able to drive 25-30 minutes from my place on the west side of town to the mountain has been great.  Last year, it would take me almost 90 minutes to get from my place in Alameda to Mt. Hood Meadows, which was much more time in the car than I wanted to spend.

Plus, my 12.5 year old beagle doesn't like staying home alone so this short commute and get in as many runs in the shortest amount of time works well for the whole family.  (He's a family member and pretty certain that he's a person).




No comments: