Sunday, December 27, 2015

Early Returns On The Ski Season In Central Oregon Have Been Excellent



Ski season 2015-2016 at Mt. Bachelor has been better than I expected.  As I write this post on Sunday December 27th, Mt. Bachelor has a 126 inch base after getting 4-5 feet over the past couple of weeks.  The knee deep powder days have been incredible.  

If I was the type to have a Selfie Stick, GoPro, or even take dozens of selfies on the chairlift, I'd document all the fun that I've been having this year.  However, that's definitely not me so you'll just have to trust me when I say that I've been having the time of my life skiing this year.  

The snow reports show just a little bit of snow coming before New Years Day.  Hopefully the big storms will return at the beginning of January, so I can ski the bowl off of the Summit Chair along with exploring all the terrain off Northwest Chair, which my neighbor said has the best runs on the entire mountain.  

If El Nino holds up his end of the bargain, I expect to ski 50-75 times this season.  Oh, and for those of you who loved Chris Farley, here's his take on El Nino! 








No comments: