Monday, December 22, 2014

Mt. Bachelor Ski Weekend December 2014



Since Mt. Hood has yet to get any snow this year and yet to officially open for the 2014-2015 ski season, I headed to Bend and Mt. Bachelor this weekend to satisfy my skiing fix. The 3+ hour drive was well worth it as the mountain received about a foot of new snow between Friday and Saturday, which made for some excellent powder skiing on the new Volkl One powder skis I bought this summer.

I'm looking forward to having a great ski season this year with a few more trips back to Bend along with weekly skiing at Mt. Hood Meadows, which will soon be getting a heavy dumping of snow and be open for the year.  Plus, there is the hookup deal at Whistler in January via Leonidas's wife along with a few other trips out of state to ski.

Skiing makes the grey and gloomy Oregon winters so much more enjoyable.  If it wasn't for being up on the mountain so much, there's no way in hell that I'd live here.  Well, maybe I would but it wouldn't be as enjoyable to me since I'd be stuck inside complaining about the rain.  Since rain in town usually means snow on the mountain, I cheer on big rain storms as much as possible since I can drive just over an hour and be on Mt. Hood.

No comments: